Gating System Design (Gravity)
Gravity Casting Designer
As a core component of CAST-DESIGNER system, Gravity Casting Designer is an efficient and flexible design tool which assists designers to develop riser and feeder, gating system and pouring system for gravity casting in very short time. With the help of CAST-DESIGNER, engineer can quickly convert design idea becoming a 3D model for design evaluation. CAST-DESIGNER enable user easily to manage and alter parameter for different stage whatever for initial concept design stage, intermediate embodiment design stage, or final design stage. It is possible to create the full casting system within ten minute to one hour for a typical casting part.
Gating system design procedure
The criteria of a success gating system is it should prevent turbulence and cold-shut during filling process, and it could solve the air problems, mould erosion, oxides and surface defects in all gravity casting process.
Guiding designer carries out the gating system design process in a simple way. Basing on the mass or volume of casting as well as geometry dimension and material type, the system can estimate the filling time automatically. It also can calculate the final section areas for inner gate, runner and sprue runner. All the number of gates and runners could be evaluated and adjusted in real time.
Uniform interface and stream design for gating system interface
We have the same interface and work style for all elements design of gating system, such as the riser and feeder, inner gate, main runner, sprue runner and chills. It is full parametric and easy to use, all result was fully 3D CAD base and updated online.
The designed gating system data could be saved to data file and used back in any time, such data files also could be used for the similar part to make some small modification. The final design result could be exported to other system in 3D feature line, or 3D solid model in STEP file, or in CSV data sheet file for optimization or any other proposal.
Features for riser and feeder design:
Embedded Riser and Feeder Module guide the user swiftly towards the optimized design of a feeding system.
- Select the correct riser size and shape.
- Define the amount of risers.
- Optimize riser neck size.
Features for inner gate design:
- Calculate the inner gate area with Design Advisor.
- Online tips and wizards with industrial know-how and experience.
- Online evaluation tools to check inner gate area
- Suitable to all inner gates even if with complex geometry.
Features for runner design:
- Build in wizard to define flow path and section parameters quickly.
- Support various runner types, such as fan, curve and tangent runner.
- Generate feature sections in pre-defined curve directly.
- Various styles in solid model generation.
- Take account of the efficiency of metal flow in runner design.
Features for sprue runner design:
- Support standard sprue runner design.
- Full parameterized and standard design.
- Support multi sprue runners.
- With standard part for different pouring cup serious.
- Easy to customize.
- DISA cups.
Features for overflow design:
- Creates rectangular, orbicular and wedge overflows locations as specified by designer and pre-defined template to create quick casting gating system design
- Support multi-overflow sets. Overflows could be translated, rotated, mirrored to a new design.
- Support non-standard overflow design.
The draft design is an unique feature implemented in CAST-DESIGNER™ which facilitates a practical means of natural design in die casting. With this feature, the designer can start his idea on the draft paper, meeting board, any graphics software and even the communication FAX paper with customer, such hard draft could be snapped shot or scanned to transfer to CAST-DESIGNER™ in image format, such as BMP, TIF or JPG format. One can superimpose casting 3D Cad model on this draft and create gating system design inside cast-Designer. Another usage is converting the bitmap to CAD vector components for more flexibility capability for complex design, such as snap, extract, translation and free zoom.
- Start design from draft paper and import to Cast-Designer in the image format.
- Support BMP, TIF or JPG format.
- Support both bitmap and vector mode, convert bitmap to vector data automatically.
- Support DXF, IGES as input.
- Special designed tools for draft location and size adjustment.