C3P Software Release Geo-Designer for DFM
The New Generation DFM Tool Provides the Online Support to Mould and Product Design in Casting, Plastic and Metal Forming Process
【Hong Kong – March. 30st, 2012】 –C3P Software, a pioneer supplier of CAX solution for industrial manufacturing processes, announces today to release the new generation Design for Manufacturing (DFM) tools – Geo-Designer V1.6, to provide the online support for product and mould design in casting process, plastic ejection process, metal forming process and also others manufacturing field.
Geo-Designer, is a powerful upfront DFM tools for designers and manufacturing engineers with innovative technology. It accelerates the design process for functions, manufacturability, enabling designs to move to production better and faster. Compared with other traditional tools, Geo-Designer is powerful, flexible, fast and easy to use and provides savings in downstream costs by quality improvement at the design stage. Geo-Designer offer a new method to study the part geometry in 3D iso-surface with flexible transparently. It is similar the x-ray and CT method in industry.
Geo-Designer can analyze the product thickness in ray method and the MDI method. Users can select the analysis method flexibility based on the geometry of the part for improved results. Geo-Designer also provides capabilities for draft angle analysis, fillet radius analysis and stamping direction analysis.
- Standalone software, also possible to integrate into 3D existed CAD systems
- Build in last CAE technology for upfront analysis
- Checks mass distribution, wall thickness, Mass Distribution Index(MDI), cooling rate prediction on complete model
- Build in design capability
- Ease in locating critical thickness areas and dynamic information display at point click
- Import STL, IGES, STEP file directly, design result could be exported to 3D CAD system in STEP file format
- Support Multi-language: English, Japanese, Chinese (T/S) and more
Benefits of Geo-Designer:
- Quick, easy, flexible and powerful way of checking design for manufacturing process
- Savings in downstream lead time and costs by improving quality at the early design stage
- Locates critical regions in 3D CAD models to help manufacture process design
- Improve design productivity
- Very easy to use, less than 30 minutes to learn
“Geo-Designer, provides a simple but very effective tool to support casting process product and manufacturing design, it cut at least 60% of design lead time, thanks the state-of-art technologies”, commented by Professor Z. Zhang, material science engineering department, Tsinghua University of China.
“The latest release of Geo-Designer includes a unique combination of design technology and last CAE innovation. One beauty of Geo-Designer is we can provide the online support and information to designer. This is much advantage than the traditional CAE simulation due to the long time modeling and simulation time”, affirms Y. He, Product Manager for Geo-Designer at C3P Software. “Geo-Designer has become the primary tools for our customers in casting process, for the quick prediction of shrinkage porosity and riser design in gravity casting. Compared with the traditional method for riser design in the casting process, Geo-Designer’s approach is much advantage, fast and more accurate.”
About C3P Software
With the combination of software development, advanced analysis, extensive product development experience and cost effective local human resources, C3P Software provides industry and manufacturing business with comprehensive solutions and engineering services on a global basis to meet their expectations in high quality, on-schedule delivery within a cost target. Our business scope covers software development, professional engineering service and application software integration. For further information, please visit: http://www.c3p-group.com and http://www.cast-designer.com
Geo-Designer main functions and applications